VORTAL, the leading company in e-procurement solutions, inaugurated a new Development and Innovation Center in Lisbon investing 1.2 million euros.
The inauguration, in partnership with COTEC Portugal, was in charge of the Minister of Economy, Dr. Manuel Caldeira Cabral.
This new R&D infrastructure was designed to host a multidisciplinary team with professionals working in different fields like data science, artificial intelligence, software architecture, digital marketing, etc. The new office counts with more than 50 people and is still growing.
According to Rui Dias Ferreira, CEO of VORTAL, “this new laboratory reinforces the company’s international leadership of eProcurement. It represents an investment equivalent to 4% of VORTAL’s annual results and is part of a sustained strategy which foresees an investment of five million euros over the next three years.”
With a turnover of 12.5 million euros in 2017, VORTAL is present in Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Slovenia, Mexico and Peru, and also operates the national purchasing platforms of the governments of Colombia, Dominican Republic and Honduras.
In 2017 6k million euros were awarded through VORTAL’s platforms in Europe.
It is also a reference company regarding innovation, with two patents granted by the USPTO of the United States and dozens of others awaiting registration, with more than 80 brands, utility models, national and world copyright.
At the LAB’s inauguration, three new technology solutions were launched in the first quarter and there are other new prototypes still under development.
– Supplier Truster is the solution for efficient management of supplier qualification and evaluation processes, saving time, effort and reducing risk in process management;
– Remote Digital Signature allows you to sign documents and proposals, without software or hardware, in any browser, by entering only a code received by sms;
– Experto optimizes the experience of using VORTAL solutions and streamlines customer support processes through the use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
– ESPDint facilitates the participation of companies in public procurement in any European country through the use of the Single European Public Procurement Document, helping to internationalize the business;
– Electronic Catalogs offer the form a more efficient way to make cross-sectional purchases;
– Xpanded market intelligence combines a hub of all business opportunities with market intelligence to help companies learn more about their markets, customers and competitors.